Networker

Re: [Networker] virtual client license

2007-06-25 22:01:40
Subject: Re: [Networker] virtual client license
From: Barton <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 18:58:28 -0700
I think you've described our original problem! Indexes were saved under the
physical node rather than virtual server (however we did have distinct client
ids for phyiscal and virtual machines). As you say this does work, however when
a physical node fails over virtual server indexes are associated with a
different physical node (a nightmare for restores...)

As it turns out the license situation has sorted itself. It appears Networker
requires there to be sufficient client licenses for each virtual server for the
first time backup. Thereafter it relinquishes the licenses to the pool and the
physical nodes involved acquire a cluster license.

Thanks for the response.