Networker

[Networker] Slow oracle database duplication

2007-06-18 08:37:12
Subject: [Networker] Slow oracle database duplication
From: Bernd Gotschy <bernd.gotschy AT INFORSACOM DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 08:32:59 -0400
Hallo,

we have AIX 5.3 with oracle 10.2.0.2.0 and NMO 4.2.
Database duplication is very slow. Database files are
recovered sequentially. Before we had oracle 9i and
database duplication was fast.
There is a well documented change in the oracle RMAN
api and we think this is not implemented in NMO.
There is a workaround in the RMAN scripts:
SET PARALLELMEDIARESTORE OFF;
but unfortunately we cannot use this workaround.

Has anyone made the same experience?

regards
Bernd