Networker

Re: [Networker] 7.3.2 level of stability as of June 2007?

2007-06-14 18:00:58
Subject: Re: [Networker] 7.3.2 level of stability as of June 2007?
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 13:07:06 -0400
On Jun 14, 2007, at 12:49 PM, Stuart Whitby wrote:

Personally, I'm still not impressed. 7.3.2 Jumbo 1 covers at least 3 different builds due to the bugs that keep getting found and fixed. I'm working with it at the moment and, while server stability and basic backup functionality are good, a lot of the little things are still fairly poor - cloning, GUI, tape mounting (on occasion), jukebox hangs etc. I can't say whether all of the major ones of those (IMO - tape mounting & jukebox hangs specifically) have been fixed in the latest build, but I'd rather be on 7.1 or 7.2 if I had the choice.

7.4 should be out soon, and I believe that many of the changes in that relate to the GUI. Hopefully it will be more user-friendly than the current version.

My preference is to upgrade from your current 7.2.1 to 7.4, but the timing of the 7.4 release doesn't work to my favor, which is why I have decided to go with 7.3.2 with the new jumbo patch, then probably upgrade again to 7.4 this fall because I definitely think the new dashboard feature it will offer will be beneficial in my environment.