Networker

Re: [Networker] How to quick inventory a barcode jukebox

2007-06-12 03:28:26
Subject: Re: [Networker] How to quick inventory a barcode jukebox
From: dfields <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 14:12:29 -0700
Use "nsrjb -IIE -S #-#"  where #-# is the slot range you want to use.
Unfortunately, you have to do this from the command line.  If you do it from
the gui, it uses different options and that causes each tape to be loaded into
the tape drive.  Least, that's the way it seems to me, and I seem to recall
reading some posts here or on PowerLink about that.  It seems that EMC/Legato
decided, in their questionable wisdom, that version 7.3.x should use a
completly new version of NSRJB that behaves differently than the old version.
I'm having to go through and re-write scripts that have been in place for years
because of this (another post soon to rant about this).

Dave