Networker

[Networker] Default pool suddenly stopped working correctly

2007-06-08 07:17:20
Subject: [Networker] Default pool suddenly stopped working correctly
From: Johan Robinson <johan.robinson AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 07:11:34 -0400
Hello,

EMC could not help me with this issue, so I'll give it a try here, to see
if there are others who have experienced the same behaviour.

INDEX backups normally did run to the Default pool. But one they all groups
hang with the error message:  no matching devices; check storage nodes,
devices or pools

I tried everything, did extensive checking, unmounted/mounted default
volumes, labeled new ones, etc, etc.
Conclusion Default pool worked OK if save was issued from client and from
server if -b Default was specified. But as INDEX backups normally don't do
that backups did not succeed.

As a workaround I created a new INDEX pool with index: as save set
argument. Now INDEX backups are OK again. But, still I haven't got a
explanation of what happened and how do we get back to normal behaviour?

With kind regards,
Johan Robinson