Networker

[Networker]

2007-06-07 16:10:15
Subject: [Networker]
From: Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 13:07:23 -0700
> When defining the new drive in Networker, you made sure to give it the
> appropriate size per tape right?  I know on my CDL we had to define the
> new drives as 395GB or else it was defaulting to 100GB......

That should never matter.  Networker doesn't use that information when
storing data on tape devices.  It just writes until it thinks the tape
is full or unless there's a problem.

Even if the drive was missized, the worst that should happen is your
%free calculations would be off more than they normally are.