Networker

Re: [Networker] Immediate Error notification before save set finishes

2007-06-06 17:19:21
Subject: Re: [Networker] Immediate Error notification before save set finishes
From: Brian Gardner <gadget5129 AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 12:34:52 -0400
I have the same reservations expressed by Charles in regard to utilizing
this approach.

If you have 7.3.x or later, you can also use nsradmin in a slightly
different way:

nsradmin –d /nsr/res/jobsd/{general,savejobs,indication}

This works on the server and provides read-only access.

But, one of the lesser known secrets of the NetWorker consultant is you can
kick off save (and with 7.3 it is getting much more useful to do the same
with savegrp) and then you can write your own event driven processes.

I'd stick with the simpler approach of creating custom notifications and
simple scripting where absolutely necessary. If you want to get more
advanced than that you'll need some pretty experienced NetWorker scripters
to help.

Now, if you could just get EMC to kick free an api in some rapid application
development language like, say, python... ;-)

Brian