Networker

Re: [Networker] Very slow inquire command (fwd)

2007-06-01 12:02:08
Subject: Re: [Networker] Very slow inquire command (fwd)
From: Librado Pamintuan <LPamintuan AT REGINA DOT CA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 09:58:51 -0600
Not sure what's in the latest kernel from RedHat, but somehow when I installed
and booted up on the latest RedHat ES Update 5
(Kernel 2.6.9-55.ELsmp on an i686), somehow my inquire and nsrjb commands
response time improved a bit.

regards,

Librado Pamintuan
Technical Support Analyst II
Information Systems Div.
Operations Group
City of Regina

Phone:          (306) 777-7573
General Fax: (306) 777-6804
eFax:             (306) 546-6002
eMail:            lpamintuan AT regina DOT ca

>>> "McDonald, Paul" <Paul.McDonald AT DNR.STATE.OH DOT US> 30/May/2007 6:51 am

I am setting up a new networker server on a Dell 2850 running RedHat ES
4 and
Networker 7.2.2 using a Emulex LP9802-E HBA to an ADIC Scalar 10k with
Pathlight 5000 SNC.  When issuing a "inquire" to probe the SCSI bus it's

extremely slow (8m3.693s) consistently.  RedHat sees all of the hardware
ok -
library, changer, and 4 LTO1 drives.  This is an existing library being
driven
by RedHat AS 2.1 just fine using a Qlogic Qla2200 HBA.  Topology is set
"Private Loop".

Any thoughts or help would be appreciated,

t.i.a.

---
   Paul D. McDonald                        Phone: (614) 265-6982
   Unix Systems Manager                      FAX: (614) 265-7223
   Ohio Department of Natural Resources    Email:
paul.mcdonald AT dnr.state.oh DOT us
   Office of Information Technology
   2045 Morse Rd. Bldg. I2
   Columbus, OH.  43229-6693

DISCLAIMER: The information transmitted is intended only for the addressee and
may contain confidential, proprietary and/or privileged material. Any
unauthorized review, distribution or other use of or the taking of any action
in reliance upon this information is prohibited. If you received this in error,
please contact the sender and delete or destroy this message and any copies.