Networker

Re: [Networker] NSR server processes die due to license issues (Solaris)

2007-05-22 20:35:44
Subject: Re: [Networker] NSR server processes die due to license issues (Solaris)
From: lphilpot <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 13:46:10 -0700
Darren Dunham wrote:
> 'mmrecov' shouldn't recover the file indexes in general, just the media
> database.  If you've got your local copy of /nsr already, you don't need to
> go on to file index recovery.
>
> Did the 'mmrecov' step take a couple of hours, or was that the file
> indexes afterward?

Last time I used mmrecov, it was to transfer indexes from an old server to its
new replacement. Yes - mmrecov took a few minutes and the subsequent nsrck -L 7
took hours.

In this particular instance, I already have my indexes as well as all license
data, etc., (including non-applicable jukebox configs, etc., etc.) from the
/nsr/* tarball. That's why I didn't see any need to run mmrecov at all. I was
just going to remove all invalid configs, re-config and go from there.

However, at this point (naturally! :-)) I'm tied up on a production issue
elsewhere and will get back to this issue ASAP. In the meantime, my eval period
is about to run out in two days, so I'll just start again with a fresh reload
of /nsr.

Thanks.