Networker

Re: [Networker] consolidated backups to disk?

2007-05-18 09:39:53
Subject: Re: [Networker] consolidated backups to disk?
From: Brian Narkinsky <BNarkinsky AT CCLAFLORIDA DOT ORG>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 09:33:09 -0400
My understanding was that as of 18 months ago that you could not use a
disk device for a consolidated backup.  I think there is a line in the
Admin guide to this effect.

I had a situation where I had servers on a slow link and wanted to not
tie up a tape drive all day long.

You can actually set it up but, the indexes quickly got weird and I was
pretty sure data was missing.  SO I quit.

I haven't been heavily involved in Networker for a while so this may
have changed.

Brian