Networker

Re: [Networker] v7.3 and older clients

2007-05-13 19:23:33
Subject: Re: [Networker] v7.3 and older clients
From: Charles Weber <chaweber AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 19:21:22 -0400
Funny that no-one replied. I would like to know as well as I have legacy
OpenVMS clients. HP says the Legato VMS client doesn't work on their web
site. EMC says that the VMS storage node doesn't work with 7.3 in the
docs I read, begging the question if the client works or not. I started
to put in a ticket on the EMC web site, but gave up after they didn't
seem to know about my expensive licenses. Irritating as usual.
Definitely my old VMS client stopped working when I upgraded the server
to 7.3. OTOH my tru64 boxes work fine running 7.1-2? clients. I will try
upgrading to the current VMS client this week and see what happens.
NO VMS client and I either go to HP (good ratings in storage magazine
every year and VMS) or Bacula (opensource and no VMS). Of course I don't
really want to change anything, I have work to do.