Networker

Re: [Networker] Immediate Error notification before save set finishes

2007-05-11 00:09:47
Subject: Re: [Networker] Immediate Error notification before save set finishes
From: Yaron Zabary <yaron AT ARISTO.TAU.AC DOT IL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 09:39:36 +0300
For Unix, swatch running on /nsr/logs/daemon.log can probably do the trick. swatch can be told to monitor a log file for specific errors and perform some action based on some regular expression. Scripting with shell/perl is also possible. I am not sure about Windows, but my guess is that a simple VB script with wshell can do similar things.

-- Yaron.

Wayne Johnston wrote:
All,

Does anyone have an easy way or know of a product that can immediately notify the admin of an error as soon as it happens either via email or SNMP. Some save sets can take 12 -13 hours to finish and an error could have occurred 1 hour in on one of the first clients. If we can get notification then we could still investigate the problem and fix it before too much time has past.

Thanks

Wayne Johnston

To sign off this list, send email to listserv AT listserv.temple DOT edu and type "signoff networker" in the body of the email. Please write to networker-request AT listserv.temple DOT edu if you have any problems with this list. You can access the archives at http://listserv.temple.edu/archives/networker.html or