Networker

[Networker] Backups status not finishing

2007-05-08 22:41:28
Subject: [Networker] Backups status not finishing
From: rlchua <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 19:41:01 -0700
Hi folks,

I would just like to know if somebody in this forum has already encountered
this problem that we are currently experiencing. We have our backups running
smoothly until we migrated some of our clients and one of our storage nodes to
a new IP address with a firewall in between them. Initially, our problems were
concerning DNS resolutions but we were able to resolve it now, it seems.

Now, although the data on the disks are being being saved to tape and can be
browsed using nwrecover, and the tape drives are being released, our backup's
status on the nwadmin's group control window continous to be RUNNING and what
we'll need to do is to manually stop it so that the next backup will run as
scheduled. Then, that's the time that we will only get the email notification
for a failed completion.

We've already raised a case with EMC on this and currently, we are setting up a
test server to do some isolation tests based on their suggestions.

Our Networker server is v7.2 on Solaris 9, and our affected clients and storage
node are on OpenVMS v7.3-2/TCPIP v5.4 ECO5, with Networker v6.01-D ECO13.