Networker

[Networker] Is it possible to see the contents of an Oracle index?

2007-05-08 11:01:38
Subject: [Networker] Is it possible to see the contents of an Oracle index?
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 11:00:49 -0400
Hi,

We all know that nsrinfo can be used to see the actual contents of a client file index, so I can look at the constituent files that make up a given backup of a particular saveset
as long as it's still browsable.

and using something like: 'nsrinfo -t nsavetime -n oracle client'

I can see the actual save set name for a particular Oracle RMAN backup, but is there any way to actually see the Oracle files themselves that were wrapped into that saveset? I'm thinking 'no' since this would be outside the purview of Legato, but is my surmise in fact true, or is this merely a limitation of NW 7.2.2 and/or NMO 4.2? Is anyone able to do this? If so,
what release of NetWorker and NMO are you running?

George

George Sinclair - NOAA/NESDIS/National Oceanographic Data Center
SSMC3 4th Floor Rm 4145       | Voice: (301) 713-3284 x210
1315 East West Highway        | Fax:   (301) 713-3301
Silver Spring, MD 20910-3282  | Web Site:  http://www.nodc.noaa.gov/