Networker

[Networker] persistent binding for autochanger

2007-05-06 02:11:47
Subject: [Networker] persistent binding for autochanger
From: sh_ksa <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 5 May 2007 23:12:47 -0700
Hi,
I'm trying to persistently bind an auto changer connected to my server over
fiber. the reason I wanna to that because every time I reboot my server the OS
gives a different SCSI address (see below)  which causes problems with Legato
Networker (the backup Application) and I have to reconfigure the jukebox all
over again which is a pain in the ass. the closest I got to solve this problem
is by persistent binding on the HBA level. to do that I need to compile a line
and put it in the qla.conf the syntax if this line as follows:

hba<#>-SCSI-target-id-<#>-fibre-channel-port-name="<device WWPN>";

I got the hba # from /etc/path_to_inst and the device WWPN from the command
inquire but I couldn't get the SCS-target-id.

Could somebody help me to get the SCSI-target-id? or suggest a solution for
this problem.

Thanks