Networker

Re: [Networker] Migrating savesets from VTL to tape - making virtual tapes recyclable?

2007-04-05 05:35:52
Subject: Re: [Networker] Migrating savesets from VTL to tape - making virtual tapes recyclable?
From: Davina Treiber <DavinaTreiber AT PEEVRO.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 10:32:07 +0100
Landwehr, Jerome wrote:

A future version of NW is supposed to enable different browse and
retention periods for each version of a clone (I assume this is the
staging mechanism)

currently, without this functionality, the only way is manual recycling
(read: relabel the VTL tapes) if you don't want to wait around until the
(shared) retention is reached

this is what I do in our production environment to free up VTL space

Future version in this case is 7.3.x, which is already available.