Networker

[Networker] Cloning operation on EMC Networker

2007-03-18 10:42:47
Subject: [Networker] Cloning operation on EMC Networker
From: Diwakar Kumar <Diwakar.Kumar AT ITS DOT WS>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 17:26:44 +0300
Dear All,

I am very new to EMC Networker 7.3 Implementation. If anybody can help or
guide me, I will be very thankful.

Here is my setup configuration:

==>     I have one server and 6 client( 3-node cluster,2-Node cluster and
server itself)

==>     1 CDL and 1 Tape Library

I have installed all the required software and licenses. I have configured
Clone Disk Library with all client as a SAN Client and make Networker
Storage Node.  I assigned a virtual tape drive to each client.  I can see
all the volume on Networker Management console. I have created a group on
each client and assigned a tape drive. Save and restore operation working
fine.

I want to do cloning operation. I tried to read Networker Admin 7.3 Guide,
but could not able to understand properly.

Could anybody tell me the procedure or reference document? I want to do
cloning operation manual and automatic from tape to Disk Library.

I am not able to understand how to create Default clone pool under media,
and what is labeling template.

If somebody can help me to setup clone operation through GUI or Command
line. I will be thankful.

Or what will be the best configuration to do the cloning operation.

Thanks & Regards,

Diwakar