Networker

[Networker] How to bypass a removed tape?

2007-03-16 21:30:14
Subject: [Networker] How to bypass a removed tape?
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 21:26:49 -0400
Hello,

I was running some level full backups from several clients in order to test backup speed to a new tape drive. The tape was labeled into a test pool and not the normal pools I use, but indexing was not turned off for the pool. I cancelled the backup after a while, but some of the fulls completed. I then relabeled the tape but not before some nightly incremental backups ran and
completed on those same clients. I then re-ran those incremental backups.

I assume that some of the later incrementals based their backups on what had changed since those same file systems completed fulls in the earlier test, but now with the full volume gone, what do I do? Do I need to do anything?

o Is there a way you can remove the last index entries and re-run the affected groups so the clients start their incrementals from before that full?
o Do I now have to run a level full or numeric on the affected save sets?
o Maybe I need to recover each client index from before the test fulls ran and then rerun the incrementals?

Thanks.

George

--
George Sinclair - NOAA/NESDIS/National Oceanographic Data Center
SSMC3 4th Floor Rm 4145       | Voice: (301) 713-3284 x210