Networker

Re: [Networker] Java interface tunneling

2007-03-16 02:52:30
Subject: Re: [Networker] Java interface tunneling
From: Tim Verbois <Tim.Verbois AT ET.VLAANDEREN DOT BE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 07:49:57 +0100
I tried that, but the java admin keeps connecting to the original ip address. Even when I change all the entries in de gconsole.j... file, even then he keeps looking for the original ip.
Tim

Yaron Zabary wrote:
Tim Verbois wrote:
Hello,

90% of our team is located behind firewalls. The only way to reach servers is through ssh ports (2 hops). This implies that it is impossible to run the java tool on their pc. I made a script that starts te tool on the backupserver in an ssh session. That way, it is possible to run it through an ssh X session to a pc somewhere. This works, but very very slow. Are there other possibilities? I suppose a lot of organisations have there backupserver behind firewalls?

Haven't tried that, but you could try and forward the application's port via ssh (or putty) and try to point the browser at localhost. Look at appendix B of the Admin guide. Table 119 lists ports 9000, 9001 and 2638 for console access. For a Unix desktop, that should be 'ssh -L9000:nsrhost:9000 -L9001:nsrhost:9001 -L2638:nsrhost:2638 root@nsrhost'.

--
Tim Verbois
EDS-Telindus