Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker and VMWare ESX 3

2007-03-15 15:31:19
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker and VMWare ESX 3
From: Ken Gehring <ken.gehring AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 13:23:30 -0600
Only one word to describe why,

Lazy ;-)

(recover was my next choice to look at)

Thanks

On 3/15/07, Tim Mooney <Tim.Mooney AT ndsu DOT edu> wrote:
In regard to: Re: [Networker] Networker and VMWare ESX 3, Ken Gehring said...:

> 2) the networker client will now run, but nwrecover is broken. To
> resolve this, you need to either copy or link most/all of the stuff in
> /usr/lib/vmware/lib to /usr/lib AND you need to get the /usr/X11R6
> stuff from and ESX 2.1 server. Note: nwrecover does not seem to be
> "supported" to run by VMWare. In fact they've told me that NO XWINDOWS
> products will run on and ESX 3 platform and nwrecover should not be
> installed. So, while you may be able to back up the server, restoring
> things doesn't really seem to be supported.

Um, there are other ways to do restores than just "nwrecover".  I've
probably done more than 1,000 restores, and I bet I've used nwrecover
less than a dozen times, and none of them were within the last five years.

Why don't you give "recover" a try?

Tim
--
Tim Mooney                                           Tim.Mooney AT ndsu DOT edu
Information Technology Services                      (701) 231-1076 (Voice)

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little
temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
--Benjamin Franklin