Networker

Re: [Networker] write speed tests using bigasm?

2007-03-15 08:23:14
Subject: Re: [Networker] write speed tests using bigasm?
From: "Coty, Edward" <Edward.Coty AT AIG DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 08:18:03 -0400
You are correct in all of your statements. You can certainly run the
tests with compression off than on, but I would assume you will be
running production with compression on so why not just test with that.
You will want to test will multiple streams on one drive to see the max
speed that the drive can handle. Do one stream as a first test, than 4,
6, 8...etc...When the speed does not increase anymore you have maxed out
the drive.

EDWARD COTY
LEAD STORAGE ENGINEER, LCNA
WORK - 973-533-2098