Networker

[Networker] "NOT IN MEDIA INDEX" "Duplicate label" errors -HELP

2007-03-14 11:22:45
Subject: [Networker] "NOT IN MEDIA INDEX" "Duplicate label" errors -HELP
From: "Neild, Jim" <Jim.Neild AT SSHA.ON DOT CA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 11:15:55 -0400
We have had an odd ongoing issue where NetWorker will run for weeks without
issues, relabeling recyclable tapes as required and then without rhyme or
reason, we get a large batch of tapes that result in "NOT IN MEDIA INDEX" and
"Duplicate label" errors as it tries to relabel the tapes.  The label written
on the tape differs from the media database and I just don't understand why
this continually happens.  The only fix is to delete the volume from the media
DB and then relabel the tape.  Has anyone run into this and resolved it?

Cheers,
Jim