Networker

[Networker] Exchange restore

2007-03-09 11:13:23
Subject: [Networker] Exchange restore
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 11:08:15 -0500
We are new to Exchange and the Exchange module.

My NetWorker server is Power Edition 7.2.1 on Solaris 9 and I have a question regarding recovering Exchange 2003 data with the version 5 Exchange module.

The Exchange server's set of data weighs in at around 100GB and it only hosts around 100 users. We are trying to recover a small storage group to a recover storage group for testing purposes. The storage group we tried to recover is around 28GB and after selecting that group in the NetWorker Exchange GUI and requesting the recover, it just sat there for a couple of hours and we finally killed it off so we could run our nightly backup.

We are trying this recover again now and it has been sitting for 45 minutes with no apparent activity. The most recent message says "opening restore session with the NetWorker Server" which appeared 45 minutes ago. The same screen says I can check the xbsa.messages file for progress information, but that file has not been updated.

NetWorker is not requesting a tape mount. All I see on the console is the client browsing.

Is it normal for a modest amount of data to take so long to recover?