Networker

[Networker] Problem backing up a Linux box

2007-03-08 15:50:04
Subject: [Networker] Problem backing up a Linux box
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 15:42:49 -0500
I am having a problem backing up a particular Fedora Linux box that perplexes me. The backup server and client are Power Edition 7.2.1 and the problem is that even though the nsrexecd processes are running on the client, the server cannot see them. No firewall blocking is in effect.

I tried started up the clients nsrexecd process in D2 mode and when I do that, I get an error that says

03/08/07 14:56:13 nsrexecd: could not find GUI metadata directory

and I have googled and searched EMC's PowerLink web site for this error with no results.

The nsrexecd processes are running and this server was being backed up until a month or so ago when it began to fail. Nothing in any of the log files on the client suggests a problem and there are no recent updates to the logs in /nsr/logs

If anyone has any idea what's wrong and if this error message is actually relevant to the problem, please let me know.