Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker Exclude List

2007-03-05 17:34:07
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker Exclude List
From: Tim Mooney <Tim.Mooney AT NDSU DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 16:29:56 -0600
In regard to: RE: [Networker] Networker Exclude List, Joe Lyons said (at...:

Hi Tim,

Thanks for this info.  As the /u03 is a mount point on the client
machine I have placed my .nsr file into the /u03 filesystem and it now
reads..
$ pwd
/u03
$ cat .nsr
skip: *

Does this look sensible ?

I think it will work.  Remember that * performs as in fnmatch(3), so it
won't get dot files.  I doubt you have any at the root of an Oracle
related filesystem, but thought I would mention it.

Out of habit (not necessarily for any logical reason), I almost always use
+skip instead of just skip, but they are probably completely equivalent.

Although scattering .nsr files all over a client can become a management
issue, we also like to do what you're doing -- put the .nsr file in the
base of the filesystem, so that if you move the filesystem to a different
host for some reason, the .nsr file moves with it.

Tim
--
Tim Mooney                                           Tim.Mooney AT ndsu DOT edu
Information Technology Services                      (701) 231-1076 (Voice)