Networker

Re: [Networker] Maximum number of devices.

2007-01-31 13:19:20
Subject: Re: [Networker] Maximum number of devices.
From: Bruno Meignant <bruno.meignant AT MAGIRUS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 19:01:03 +0100
Hello,

The rules are in:
Network edition
16 devices on Networker server and 16 devices per Storage node
Power edition
32 devices on Networker Server and 32 devices per storage node

A storage node must be physical, you will not be able to configure more
than 16 or 32 devices per Storage Node
Hope this help you

Mark Davis <davism AT UWO DOT CA>
Sent by: EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
31/01/2007 18:43
Please respond to
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>; Please respond
Mark Davis <davism AT UWO DOT CA>

NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc

Subject
[Networker] Maximum number of devices.

I am having trouble getting a definitive answer from EMC on the maximum
number of devices I can have on one Storage Node. We are running 7.2.1
Network Edition. From the 7.2 Administration Guide I see:

Network Edition -
Storage Node Devices: 16
Maximum = (16 x number of nodes) + 16

So with Network Edition I can have 16 devices on my Server, and sixteen
more per Storage Node.

Power Edition -
Storage Node Devices: 16
Maximum = (16 x number of nodes) + 32

If I went to the Power Edition, the documentation shows I could then
have 32 devices on the Server, and an additional 16 devices per Storage
Node. EMC is telling me I can have 32 devices on the Storage Node if I
go to Power Edition. The support person could not explain why their own
documentation contradicts this.

Does anyone in the list have experience with the maximum number of
devices you can have on a single storage node using Network Edition vs.
Power Edition?

If I added an additional Storage Node license, would I be able to have
more than 16 devices on a single Storage Node, or would I have to add
another physical node to be able to add more devices?

Thanks,

Mark

--
Mark Davis