Networker

[Networker] Networker x64 client

2007-01-25 18:48:32
Subject: [Networker] Networker x64 client
From: "Werth, Dave" <dave.werth AT GARMIN DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 17:36:22 -0600
We have a new Windows SQL Server system I need to start backing up shortly
and I'm having trouble figuring out exactly what client I can use.  I hope
someone out there can help.

Our current setup is this:

Networker Server:       Windows 2000 with Networker Server 7.2.1 Build 311

The new system which will be a Networker client is:  Windows Server 2003 R2
Standard x64 Edition - Service Pack 1 with SQL Server 2005

So my questions are:

Is there a 7.2.1 (or 7.2.2) Networker Client I can install on this system?

If I have to install the Networker 7.3 Client for this can I continue to use
the 7.2.1 server for backups or will I have to upgrade that as well?

We do plan to upgrade to Networker 7.3 eventually but in general if what I
have is working fine and there's no particular reason to upgrade we will
wait until there is a good reason.

One other note, because our SQL Server databases are small enough we haven't
been using the Networker Module for SQL Server (even though we have a
license for it).  Rather we have the SQL Server run it's own backup to an
external file and let the normal Networker backup take care of that.  As
above we'd prefer to keep it simple and not add the SQL Server Module unless
necessary.

Thanks, Dave

David Werth
Garmin AT, Inc
Salem, Oregon
dave.werth<at>garmin.com

use of the intended recipient.  If you are not the intended recipient, please
be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail or
any attachment is prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error,
Thank you for your cooperation