Networker

Re: [Networker] Advice on backup strategy for Oracle RMAN backups?

2007-01-20 08:58:23
Subject: Re: [Networker] Advice on backup strategy for Oracle RMAN backups?
From: Davina Treiber <DavinaTreiber AT PEEVRO.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 13:53:17 +0000
George Sinclair wrote:
One thing we tried, which didn't work. but did prove interesting is that we marked the saveset for the last backup of the catalog cf as 'suspect' and ditto with the clone copy. We were hoping that this might force NetWorker to use the saveset cf from the previous backup. However, this was not the case. Instead, when we used RMAN/NMO, it still used the most recent version (from the source volume) and didn't seem to care that it had been set to 'suspect'.

Suspect won't make it use an earlier copy - since the save set still exists. All it does is force it to use a different clone of the save set - if one exists.