Networker

[Networker] recover oddity

2007-01-19 18:44:05
Subject: [Networker] recover oddity
From: Tom Jones <tjones AT STATESMAN DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 17:26:23 -0600
I had to restore a folder for a user on our email server.
I ran recover at the Unix command line, changetime to 01/17
and found the desired files.  I mounted the tape for
01/17 (Wed.001) but the requested volume was Monday's
tape (Mon.001).  I mounted Mon.001 and successfully
restored the files.

I'm looking for a reason for the files found in recover
with a date of 01/17 and a volume that was written on
01/15.  We perform full backups each night.

Do I need to rebuild indexes or perform any other
maintenance?

Thanks
Tom Jones

2 out of 3 people Get It: The Austin American-Statesman, in print and online!
To see how you can get it, go to www.statesman.com/getit