Networker

[Networker] Hardware and software upgrade, which version?

2007-01-15 04:36:15
Subject: [Networker] Hardware and software upgrade, which version?
From: Manel Rodero <manel AT FIB.UPC DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 10:29:04 +0100
Hello,

I'm in the process of upgrading our backup server to a new hardware. At the same time I'll upgrade the OS to Windows Server 2003 (the actual server is Windows 2000).

But my question is related to which version must we upgrade to? Which is the actual "best" version of Legato Networker? (in terms of stability, related problems, etc.). Our server and clients are running 7.1.4 version now.

And, which is the best procedure for do this upgrade? This one?

- Uninstall 7.1.4 from the old server maintaining the index, ...
- Copy these files to the new server
- Install the new version of Legato in the same directory

Or another approach is better?

Thank you very much.

--

o o o  Manel Rodero                   | LCFIB - UPC
o o o  Systems Manager                | Campus Nord - Modul B6

       manel AT fib.upc DOT edu              | Tel: +00 34 93 401 6940
       http://www.fib.upc.edu/~manel  | Fax: +00 34 93 401 7040