Networker

[Networker] using 'relem' to get a list of inserted tapes

2007-01-12 11:23:42
Subject: [Networker] using 'relem' to get a list of inserted tapes
From: Ty Young <phillip_young AT I2 DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 11:19:01 -0500
Hi folks,

NetWorker 7.2.1 Power Edition (server) running on Solaris 10
Sun/StorageTek L500 library (5 x LTO3 FC drives)

I'm able to see the contents of my L500's CAP (loadport) by using 'relem -
a 2.0.0 -Ftr 10.15', although the output's a little bit more verbose than
I need.   Only issue is that the output of the 'Primary Tag' section is in
hex, not ASCII, so I have to manually (oops, I mean with Perl :-) convert
it into something meaningful.

The goal, then, is to end up with a human-readable list of tapes currently
in the CAP of a library.

Before I go out and write something, has anyone else come up with a
convenient way of doing this?

TIA
-ty