Networker

[Networker] status of Sharepoint Portal Server backups with Networker?

2007-01-05 09:31:04
Subject: [Networker] status of Sharepoint Portal Server backups with Networker?
From: Ty Young <phillip_young AT I2 DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 09:22:45 -0500
Hi folks,

NetWorker 7.2.1 (Power) on Solaris 10 (server)
NetWorker 7.x clients on various UNIX and Windows platforms (clients)

It looks like I need a NetWorker SharePoint Portal Server license if I
want to back up a sharepoint server with NetWorker.

What is not clear to me yet is the role of EBMS (EMC Backup Manager for
Sharepoint) in all this.  Do I need both products, or just one?

TIA
-ty