Networker

[Networker] Resetting tape exiration date

2007-01-04 13:07:37
Subject: [Networker] Resetting tape exiration date
From: Paul Goslin <pgoslin AT CINCOM DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 13:04:52 -0500
Is there an easy way to reset the expiration date of a Tape Volume (or
rather a list of tapes) ???
I have a number of tapes (all in a common pool) which I must reset the
expiration dates to 'forever'....

The only method I am finding is via an 'nsrmm -S ssid -e retention'
command... I would hate to have to do this one save-set at a time, the
number of tapes I have to process contain thousands of save-sets....

There must be a better way than to do it by individual save-sets. Is there a
single command to reset the volume retention for a tape ?