Networker

Re: [Networker] NMC 7.3.2 save sets being marked suspect

2007-01-03 13:33:23
Subject: Re: [Networker] NMC 7.3.2 save sets being marked suspect
From: Albert Eddie Contractor AFRPA CIO/IT <Eddie.Albert AT AFRPA.PENTAGON.AF DOT MIL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 13:28:51 -0500
Almost every backup since the 7.2.1 -> 7.3.2 upgrade has been suspect.
We called EMC and I was told to add the Jumbo 11 patch.

Our environment:
Windows 2003
Exchange 2003
Oracle 10i
SQL um... Yeah Microsoft SQL O'plenty.

I have learned something though... The Pentagon "requires us" to use
U.S. Citizens for tech support. So instead of using the crew I am
accustom to in Ontario, I am being re-routed to a fairly new crew in
California. My first complaint is the time zone difference. The west
coasters come to work at 0700 which is 1000 EST, that is 3-4 hours after
I have gotten here and at least 5-6 hours after any problem I had should
have been fixed.

On top of that my trouble tickets seem to stay in the que a heck of a
lot longer.

Ok Holidays + my schedule + Tech Support West Coast schedule = schedule
drama.

28 days left here and counting... Still no new contract... I hate
hunting a job, it's like hunting for a friendly ex-wife. They are out
there, I just hate looking for them. <grin>

Happy New Year everyone! /ALE