Networker

Re: [Networker] nsrck -L7

2006-12-20 04:18:23
Subject: Re: [Networker] nsrck -L7
From: Stuart Whitby <swhitby AT DATAPROTECTORS.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 09:12:16 -0000
There's no specific reason to clear this, so NetWorker doesn't bother.  If the
tape was made available after the recover was interrupted, NW would simply load
the tape and do nothing with it.  If another request comes in for a tape which
*is* available, NW will mount this instead.

I don't think there's a way to clear it faster other than loading the volume
though.  Without checking, I'm pretty sure that this is internal to NetWorker,
which will cycle through the "media waiting" and "media waiting: critical"
states before checking again and figuring out that it doesn't actually need the
tape any more.

Just a cosmetic problem AFAIC.  I think there are other things which actually
need the time invested to fix them.

Cheers,

Stuart.