Networker

Re: [Networker] Pool question

2006-12-19 10:31:24
Subject: Re: [Networker] Pool question
From: Albert Eddie Contractor AFRPA CIO/IT <Eddie.Albert AT AFRPA.PENTAGON.AF DOT MIL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 10:21:38 -0500
Was it an EMC employee who came on-site or a contractor? When we
contemplated hiring emc to come on site, they intended to send a
contractor so we cancelled the work request and did it ourselves. Since
you paid EMC to optimize back-ups for you; can you hold their feet to
the fire and ask that question of them? Surely they would not be adverse
to answering that question for you.

Was optimizing on 7.2 your org's decision or EMC's? I ask this because
when I was talking to support discussing my windows 2003 environment,
you could almost envision the tech standing on the desk talking to me
"with enthusiasm" (read this as talking loudly bordering on screaming)
telling me to migrate to 7.3.2 NOW-NOW-NOW! I am working networker
issues from that migration now. The first one we thought went well, but
we are having issues.

By issues I mean corrupt indices and such. Not my ideal thought of a
flawless migration. /ALE