Networker

Re: [Networker] Directed recover to new disk

2006-12-15 11:18:18
Subject: Re: [Networker] Directed recover to new disk
From: "Reed, Ted G [IT]" <Ted.Reed AT SPRINT DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 10:07:53 -0600
Same procedure for us, make the server bootable with baseline OS and NW
install, full restore with overwrite always.  We've had the occasional gotcha
with Wintel boxes (mostly the SA rebuilds using a ghost image and then
'forgets' that ghost leaves a stub so the boot.ini has to be modified to point
to the 'new' location for the original MBR).  But UNIX is generally clean and
uneventful.
--Ted