Networker

Re: [Networker] Tape Management/Offsite tape rotation

2006-12-14 17:04:57
Subject: Re: [Networker] Tape Management/Offsite tape rotation
From: Tim Nicholson <tim AT MAIL.USYD.EDU DOT AU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 09:00:29 +1100
We have managed our tape rotation for many years using a set
of scripts and information available in NetWorker itself.

We use the "location" attribute of a volume to keep track
of where it is, and ensure that our withdrawal script sets
an appropriate location.

We run a daily script which e-mails the operator(s) the
tapes to move in and out of the library and where to put
them.