Networker

Re: [Networker] Tape Management/Offsite tape rotation

2006-12-14 16:20:51
Subject: Re: [Networker] Tape Management/Offsite tape rotation
From: jortiz AT HOUSTON.RR DOT COM
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 15:16:04 -0600
David,

If you happen to be in the Houston, Texas metroplex area or Dallas, a
very good choice is Veritrust.  (www.veritrust.net)

They have an excellent and highly customizable tape tracking and
rotation product that is accessed via the web. You can also do scripts
that interact with their database product and you can add a lot of
detail and description info. to your tape records.

This is what many of my customers down here use.

Your other option might be to take a look at the Legato....er....EMC
Alphastor product which is another database product designed to track
and manage tape movement.  This product also integrates tightly with
Legato NetWorker.

Joseph Ortiz
DSMCS, Inc.
Stafford, TX