Networker

Re: [Networker] Why are schedules not sorted by groups are?

2006-12-14 00:25:08
Subject: Re: [Networker] Why are schedules not sorted by groups are?
From: Dave Mussulman <mussulma AT UIUC DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 23:19:57 -0600
On Wed, Dec 13, 2006 at 11:50:49PM +0000, Davina Treiber wrote:
> George Sinclair wrote:
> >Why is it that under nwadmin, the groups (Customize->Groups) appear in
> >alphabetical order but not schedules? It would make it so much easier if
> >they sorted the schedules alphabetically. Having to eye-ball for them
> >when you have a lot of them is frustrating. Why the groups are sorted
> >this way but not the schedules seems odd.
> >
> >How about a nice sort button with an option to choose how to sort?
>
> nwadmin is dead :-(

That's essentially what they told me when I opened a support ticket/RFE
about this very issue in March 2005.  The management console in 7.3 was
looming, and the nwadmin issue wasn't considered important.  I have in
my notes "already ticket open to sort" but I don't know if that was
referring to nwadmin or the NMC.

I also have LGTpa00690 scribbled on the page and feedback AT legato DOT com.

At least in the 7.2x branch of code, I know they did updates to nwadmin,
as somewhere in the upgrade the overflow for the Backups: counter was
fixed.  It's nice to see proper numbers there, instead of some number of
sessions, 303928593420198432850651 GB total

Dave