Networker

Re: [Networker] NetWorker on Intel-based Mac

2006-12-13 17:21:04
Subject: Re: [Networker] NetWorker on Intel-based Mac
From: Preston de Guise <enterprise.backup AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 09:14:35 +1100
Hi Eddie,

On 14/12/06 8:01 AM, "Albert Eddie Contractor AFRPA CIO/IT"
<Eddie.Albert AT AFRPA.PENTAGON.AF DOT MIL> wrote:

> Preston, I love your posts! They give me a reason to reply to the list!
>
> A power PC client in 7.3.2 before a Mac Intel Client.
>
> All I can tell you is given the release time of the Mac Intel machines,
> although it is an emerging technology, the Power PCs have been around
> longer and it is quite simply a numbers thing. I am certain there are
> "currently" more PPC clients in the Networker world then there are Intel
> Mac.

Ah, I think you missed my point.

The Mac OS X PPC client has been around for quite some time, and (admitting
my bias here) being a Mac devotee I've been using it for a couple of years
at least now.

My point was that customers that I talk to find it very galling that at the
same time EMC were not working on an Intel client for Mac OS X, they
released a PPC client for Linux ... i.e., Linux on PPC architecture.

Cheers,

Preston.

--
http://enterprise.backup.googlepages.com