Networker

Re: [Networker] NetWorker on Intel-based Mac

2006-12-13 16:09:18
Subject: Re: [Networker] NetWorker on Intel-based Mac
From: Albert Eddie Contractor AFRPA CIO/IT <Eddie.Albert AT AFRPA.PENTAGON.AF DOT MIL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 16:01:59 -0500
Preston, I love your posts! They give me a reason to reply to the list!

A power PC client in 7.3.2 before a Mac Intel Client.

All I can tell you is given the release time of the Mac Intel machines,
although it is an emerging technology, the Power PCs have been around
longer and it is quite simply a numbers thing. I am certain there are
"currently" more PPC clients in the Networker world then there are Intel
Mac.

My national network (albeit military) does have Public Affairs folks and
people creating newsletters and other items for print to Congress and
the Senate. The bottom line is "currently" we do not buy nor  support
Mac anything. I don't want to get into a religious war over any OS.

I would consider my organization to be a cookie cutter organization, any
one of my users could be "Joe or Jane User". We have a few specialty
programs, but outside of that the masses are basic users; Email and MSFT
office products. I will tell you like my cheering for anyone playing
against the cowboys, any OS could be better than Windows.

But my job is to support the masses and "Joe & Jane User" just don't
have a need for any type of Mac PPC or Intel based.

Have you asked the folks @ EMC when they expect to have a Mac Intel
client available?

Semper Fidelis et Paratus, /ALE

By Eddie Albert
Eddie Albert has written for the Association of Banyan Users
International (ABUI) Magazine.