Networker

Re: [Networker] Disk Backup Advice

2006-12-13 15:17:46
Subject: Re: [Networker] Disk Backup Advice
From: Albert Eddie Contractor AFRPA CIO/IT <Eddie.Albert AT AFRPA.PENTAGON.AF DOT MIL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 15:08:45 -0500
The 7200rpm Sata III drives are well over 300% faster than the older
5400rpm ata drives. If budgeting is an issue break the drives up into
smaller drive arrays and replace them on budget plan...

You as the Archiving Deity for your corporation MUST keep your
management trained. We have learned that teaching management that you
can do with less for longer has usually ended up meaning you do with a
lot less for a lot longer.

The most expensive item on any CEO's ledger is not hardware, it is
employee time. If you express the loss in man hours, it will be very
well understood and your need agreed upon sooner. Make your pain
managements pain on the bottom line.

By Eddie Albert

Eddie Albert has written for Amiga/Commodore Magazines

Semper Fidelis et Paratus! /ALE

Eddie Albert, Archiving Deity
Enterprise Network Engineer
Air Force Real Property Agency
ARLINGTON, VIRGINIA 22209
(703) 696-5509

P.S. You have an opportunity to have an Archiving Deity on your payroll.
Yes I am still looking for a new job, my current employer is moving to
San Antonio, TX and I don't speak fluent Cowboy.