Networker

[Networker] MSSQL backup on WIN2003 cluster loses license after move

2006-12-11 03:07:28
Subject: [Networker] MSSQL backup on WIN2003 cluster loses license after move
From: Maarten Boot <maarten.boot AT MBU DOT HR>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 09:00:23 +0100
Hi,

We run a WIN2003 cluster with MSSQL.

Legato 7.3.2 client is installed as is MSSQL module 4.1

Server = Win2003 + 7.3.2

Normally all goes smoothly but every now and then the MSSQL service
moves from on node to the other

Cluster: node01 and node02
Service: dbs running on the cluster (lets say on node01)

After moving to node02 the database backups fail with a message in the
xbsa logs that there is no license for this host.

Restarting the server clears this problem and then we can schedule a
ad-hoc backup.

I just glanced over both the 7.3.2 admin manual regarding clusters and
the MSSQL4.1 module admin manual but I cant find any reference to this
problem

We do have cluster license for these 2 nodes and normally all works
well.

Any hints would be apreciated.

Maarten