Networker

Re: [Networker] About .nsr local directive..

2006-12-07 12:47:34
Subject: Re: [Networker] About .nsr local directive..
From: "Werth, Dave" <dave.werth AT GARMIN DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 11:25:27 -0600
Danny,

I do something similar in that I use .nsr files to skip backup of the .dbf
files for most backups but then I rename the .nsr file for a month end cold
backup of the Oracle DB.  It's been a long time (6 or 7 years) since I set
this up but I seem to recall I had the same problem and if I recall
correctly the fix was to not start the renamed file with ".nsr".  In other
words it didn't matter much what came after ".nsr" in the file name, it
still got picked up by the backup.  So I rename my .nsr files to
".noskip.nsr" when I want to backup the .dbf files and don't have problems.

Hope this helps, Dave

David Werth
Garmin AT, Inc
Salem, Oregon