Networker

Re: [Networker] Staging problem or normal operation?

2006-12-02 15:18:25
Subject: Re: [Networker] Staging problem or normal operation?
From: Yaron Zabary <yaron AT ARISTO.TAU.AC DOT IL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2006 22:14:12 +0200
I have been doing staging and backup at the same time with no problem (low water was at 5 and high at 7), but the trick was to have the recover space interval and the file system check interval to something low (a few minutes). These attributes are on the detailed view of the staging policy configuration. That is on a Solaris 9 with 7.2.2.

-- Yaron.

Ken Kleiner wrote:
Hello,

We are running Networker 7.2. We backup to a adv_file device and then have things set up so that they stage to tape - we do this by setting high water to 1 and low water to 0. It works fine unless the disk fills up during a backup. Right now, the disk is full waiting for more space. Is it a true condition that I have to first STOP the backup before staging will start? Thanks in advance.

Ken Kleiner
System Manager
UMass Lowell

To sign off this list, send email to listserv AT listserv.temple DOT edu and type "signoff networker" in the body of the email. Please write to networker-request AT listserv.temple DOT edu if you have any problems with this list. You can access the archives at http://listserv.temple.edu/archives/networker.html or

This Mail Was Scanned By Mail-seCure System
at the Tel-Aviv University CC.

PineApp Mail-SeCure for the presence of malicious code, vandals & computer viruses. ************************************************************************************