Networker

Re: [Networker] Oracle RMAN backup questions

2006-11-30 18:23:48
Subject: Re: [Networker] Oracle RMAN backup questions
From: Albert Eddie Contractor AFRPA CIO/IT <Eddie.Albert AT AFRPA.PENTAGON.AF DOT MIL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 18:16:09 -0500
What are you doing with Oracle

You didn't say what version of Oracle you are using.

Version 10 uses an additional recovery method called Flashback Recovery.
Its configured on the MIS instance, but it too is prone to generating a
lot of errors.  I am digging into how RMAN, Flashback, NetWorker all
work together.

We are using 7.2.1 locally, have upgraded one site to 7.3.2... It is
going strong, although has a tendency to flash RED icons indicating a
failure over the silliest errors, which aren't exactly a back-up
failure. Just an indicator that we do not use VSS. SO WHAT we don't use
VSS... "/Shaking Fist to the sky" that doesn't mean the backup failed.
/Rant OFF

Semper Fidelis et Paratus, /ALE