Networker

Re: [Networker] 7.3.2 list of known problems

2006-11-30 12:25:06
Subject: Re: [Networker] 7.3.2 list of known problems
From: Jeff Kelly <jeffkell AT CA.IBM DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 09:18:37 -0800
hmm.. here's another one or 2 for you david:

1. media location updates are buggy with our upgrade.  basically, when
changing tapes, the inventory does not always clear the location for some
of the removed tapes.  (cascades into many other (expected) problems unless
the location field is manually updated)  We're a pretty small site and
don't have big libraries (no import/export slots) which may be the root of
the issue.  However this issue did not occur with 7.1.x.

2. Cannot rename storage node libraries. - acknowledged bug by emc, can't
remember the bug ID.   This is an issue for those that like to script
around backups, etc and don't like the crazy hardware names.

I'll add more when I find them..:)

Jeff

             "King, David"
             <dking AT EASTMAN DOT CO

             Sent by: EMC              NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU

             NetWorker                                                  cc
             discussion
             <NETWORKER@LISTSE                                     Subject
             RV.TEMPLE.EDU>            [Networker] 7.3.2 list of known
                                       problems

             30/11/2006 08:57
             AM

             Please respond to
               EMC NetWorker
                discussion
             <NETWORKER@LISTSE
              RV.TEMPLE.EDU>;
             Please respond to
               "King, David"
             <dking AT EASTMAN DOT CO

Listing the problems on 7.3.2 for posterity:  I'll add as people send
more to me.

             1. nsrauth problems (?)

             2. savepnpc post command problems. Post command does not fire
until the group is finished

             3. GUI problems.  Groups don't show finished until cloning is
done.

             4. drive target sessions problems.  7.3.2 ignores
configuration
on Networker and uses its own.

             5. major media index problems.  (?)

             6. loss of command line functionality.  nsrjb relabeling

             7. nsrjobd process that manage save job database could crash.
Rebooting every 3 hours to 2 weeks has been experienced.

             8. When a save is submitted, nsrmmgd error causes many tapes
load before writing.  Possible fix is to kill nrrmmgd manually.

David L. King

type