Networker

[Networker] NetWorker on Intel Macs

2006-11-29 18:11:26
Subject: [Networker] NetWorker on Intel Macs
From: Tim Nicholson <tim AT MAIL.USYD.EDU DOT AU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 10:01:08 +1100
Is anyone out there running Intel Macs with NetWorker?

I have a number of clients running NetWorker on PowerPC Macintosh machines.

Recently one of them was upgraded to an Intel Mac. This has broken nsrexecd. nsrwatch still works. mminfo works (a little slowly while it works out that
nsrexecd is not running).

Since I expect several major users to switch to Intel Macs in the near future, this is an important issue for us. (Once before we were burnt when Legato supplied a mac client and then almost as soon as we bought the enabler, they
dropped it.)

Also, I am a little surprised, as Apple's XCode development kit compiles
cross platform binaries, so I expected the new versions of NetWorker to
have the dual binaries.

In case, someone from EMC is lurking here, I have included some bits from the
logs.

I see in /nsr/logs/daemon.log (multiple times)

Unhandled option to setsockopt, level = 65535, name = 4294967295, length = 4

and in /nsr/logs/messages

Nov 23 08:25:08 tim-nicholsons-computer crashdump[190]: nsrexecd crashed
Nov 23 08:25:11 tim-nicholsons-computer crashdump[190]: crash report written to: /Library/Logs/CrashReporter/nsrexecd.crash.log