Networker

[Networker] Windows Indexing service

2006-11-23 13:45:10
Subject: [Networker] Windows Indexing service
From: Kobus Strydom <KStrydom AT MEDIHELP.CO DOT ZA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 20:42:48 +0200
Hi All

I asked about a problem a while back about doing incremental backups of
a server with millions of files on it. Just a refresh on the config.
Windows 2003 server, Networker 7.3.1 Dedicated storage node, 2GB fibre
connection to SAN. Backing up to disk.

What I'd like to know is if Networker makes use of Windows indexing
service if change journal has been disabled? Surely there must be some
way for Networker to check just the FAT or some sort of index (not using
change journal) for changes made or files added to file system.

I was advised to use powersnap, but this looks like I would just adding
more problems to an already not-so-smooth running engine.

Any help would be appreciated

Greetings
JP

Medihelp is an Authorised Financial Services Provider
NOTICE: Please note that this eMail, and the contents thereof,
is subject to the standard Medihelp eMail disclaimer which may be found at:
http://www.medihelp.co.za/disclaimer.htm
<<<< GWAVASIG >>>>